Welcome back to the Remodel Your Reality Challenge! Have you ever known someone who seemed effortlessly successful, always upbeat and perennially optimistic? The kind of people good things just seem to happen to? Do you ever wonder what makes them so effective and influential, or why some people seem to have it all together while others seem scattered and disjointed?
Over the years, I’ve come to learn that there are no secrets to success. Rather, there are simple principles of personal effectiveness that are adopted and embraced by the most fulfilled, successful people in our culture.
I call these the Tenets of Personal Effectiveness. They are:
- Embrace Personal Responsibility
- Adjust To Change
- Stay Focused
- Surround Yourself With Empowering People
- Make Your Habits Work For You
We’ll be discussing each of these in turn over the next five weeks. For today, I just want to make sure you understand one thing – there’s no magic here. Each of these Tenets of Personal Effectiveness is a proven strategy that will help you create greater success and take control of your life. But there are no shortcuts, either. You have to do the work.
One Thing To Think About
You’ve come a long way throughout this journey. As a result of your thoughtful self-inquiry, you are well on your way to living a life of balance and fulfillment. You know what to do. Now you must do what you know. The Tenets of Personal Effectiveness will help you do just that. These time-tested principles have worked for many of the happiest, most respected, most successful people in our society, and they will work for you too.
One Question To Answer
Which of the Tenets of Personal Effectiveness are strongly present in your life? Which ones do you struggle with?
One Challenge To Take
- Rate each Tenet of Personal Effectiveness on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being “I strongly manifest this in my life” and 1 being “Not present at all.”
- How do you feel about your answers?
- As you go through the next few Remodel Your Reality Challenge posts, make a commitment to working hard on bringing those ratings up, so that they’re as high as possible across the board.
Take Care of You!