Welcome to Week Seven of The 52 Week Remodel Your Reality Challenge! By now you have six powerful weeks of thinking, acting, and answering your way into a more balanced and passionate life. Congratulations on the great work you’ve done so far! This week, we’re going to start the process of reclaiming your energy.
One Thing To Think About
Energy is the physical and mental power to perform work. You require energy to support every thought, word, action, and interaction in your life. The cruel joke relative to energy is that you’re only given a finite portion of it each day.
There are three kinds of energy—physical, mental, and emotional. The way you manage these areas will impact your ability to live each day with vitality. Over the next few weeks, we’ll consider each of these three factors, and I’ll challenge you to identify places in your life where you can increase the energy available to you. This week, we’ll take a look at your physical energy.
The physical factor of energy involves your physiological body and your material environment. The manner in which you care for your physical world directly impacts the energy available to you each day. Ultimately, these elements have the opportunity to support and simplify your life or to create repetitive stress and complexity in your daily experience.
One Question To Answer
How well do you take care of your body?
- Do you drink at least 8 glasses of water each day? This might be the simplest yet most effective method available to you to increase your energy.
- Do you fuel your body with a balance of high quality food every day? Like a car; your engine needs fuel. A hungry body cannot operate at optimal levels. (Neither can a body stuffed with unhealthy processed food!)
- Do you get enough sleep at night? Most of use need at least seven hours of sleep each night. If you’re not getting adequate rest your energy will be compromised.
- Do you move your body every day? While you don’t have to hit the gym for hours every day, it’s imperative that you move it a bit. The simple habit of taking a brisk walk several times a week can drastically impact your energy levels.
One Challenge To Take
It’s time to take care of your physical self! This week pick at least one of the simple strategies I’ve outlined below, and begin to condition a habit of taking care of your body!
- Develop a Hydration Habit: Drink at least 8 glasses of water throughout the day. Start each day with a glass of water, and carry a water bottle around with you in order to make sure you’re properly hydrated.
- Fuel Your Body: Eat five to six small meals each day, spaced 3-4 hours apart.
- Rest Up: Based on the time you need to get up in the morning, establish a bed-time for yourself. Then – honor it!
- Get Moving: Commit to a time during the day when you will show up to move your body. The activity you select is much less important than your commitment to show up and move!
The more willing you are to invest in caring for your body, the more likely you are to experience high levels of energy in your day-to-day reality. While the strategies we’ve covered are simple – yet not always easy to incorporate into your life, they becomepossible when you commit to them.
Until Next Week,